Job interview - Questions to Ask
- What are the most important skills and characteristics your
- What made you decide to join the company? (providing they don't own the business!)
- What has been the pattern of growth for the company over the past 5 years
- What is the future growth plan of the company?
- Why is this job open?
- How many people held this position over the recent years?
- How does this position fit into the overall organisation?
- Who will I be reporting to
- Where is the job located by way of company structure?
- What type of training is required for this position? How long is the training period?
- What other training opportunities are provided?
- Where are the greatest opportunities for growth within the company?
- Who are the company's major competitors?
- Who are your major customers? Are they mostly local, regional or global
- What will my priorities be? What will be my first assignment?
- What issues/challenges am I likely to face when I first take on the role?
It's important to ask questions in an interview. These should be questions to clarify job specifics through to key points of interest which will enable you to determine whether this is the right job, employer and culture fit for you.
Remember: write some questions down before interview and during the interview. Don't try to leave everything to memory. It's also down to you to have the confidence to ask the questions, and to ask question that you feel will be relevant in helping you make your decision. It's a two way process where both you and the interviewer need to know more.
Job interview tips brought to you by itouch resume writers and our expert HR panel.